Eligible students: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students, Years 9 – 11
Applications close: Monday 6 June 2022
The C-A-C | NAISDA Dance Project supports Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students in Macarthur and Western Sydney to explore their creative voice through artistic mentorship in dance, cultural knowledge and performance skills led by community Elders, established dance artists and some of the most promising young contemporary Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander dancers in Australia.
The 2022 mentorship is an intensive dance project for up to 12 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students in Years 9 – 11 with an interest in dance. The mentorship will include workshops, performances, on country visits and a three-day residency at NAISDA Dance College in Gosford.
Burra Bumal is an annual program presented in partnership with Campbelltown Arts Centre and NAISDA Dance College.
Friday 1 July, 4.00pm – 10.00pm OR Saturday 2 July, 11am – 5pm
NAISDA Mid-year show, viewed live at Kariong or Livestream at C-A-C
12 August, 9.00am – 4.30pm
‘On Country’ Day at Dharawal National Park
28 – 31 August, 9.00am – 4.00pm
3-day Dance Intensive at NAISDA Dance College, Gosford
6 – 7 September, 4.00pm – 8.00pm
Rehearsals at Campbelltown Arts Centre
8 September, 10.00am – 8.00pm
Final rehearsals and presentation at C-A-C
Transport to and from venues will be provided by private bus. Students will meet at and return to Campbelltown Arts Centre, 1 Art Gallery Road Campbelltown.
1. Make sure you can commit to the above dates. Places are limited and it is important you can commit to the entire program.
2. Submit your application before Monday 6 June.
3. C-A-C will contact you and your parent/carer by email to let you know if you have been invited to join the program, by Friday 10 June.
4. C-A-C will send your parent/carer and your school a permission form, including any medical needs and photo permissions as part of this program. The permission forms will need to be signed and returned no later than Friday 17 June.
5. C-A-C will send you a full schedule of the program and keep you up to date via email of any changes to the schedule and travel times.
Contact & enquiries
0477 025 788